The Trattoria Project and Spectaculars: Insalata di Caprese - 23rd June 07







DSC_1385 DSC_0826
DSC_0077 pg2
pg1 pg3
pg4 pg6
pg8 pg5
pg7 pg9

Thursday, July 5, 2007

Insalata di Caprese - 23rd June 07



capri
Originally uploaded by uncle_bleu
It was Roy's big birthday. I strangely volunteered to cook for his birthday function, catering for 30 people at a birthday-special low fee. I didn't know why I did that seriously, till now I am still sulking about it.

There was this recipe i got straight up from Jamie's Italy, insalata di caprese or capri salad, that looked amazing and "imaginatingly" mouth watering and i had always wanted to try.
Since there were ample morzzarella balls for the catering, i stole 2 of em to fix my whiny "kitchen's-a-mess-get-out" mom.
By doing the Capri Salad.
It was a blast.
Soury goodness of the tomatoes infused with oily herby sensations from the pesto all summed up with a nice creamy melt in your mouth fresh morzzarella.
Best of all, it was easy peasy.
I ripped the morzzarella into pieces, chopped some tomatoes, worked some basil and e.v.o.o(extra virgin olive oil) in the pestle'n'mortar, drizzle in my dressing and vioLa! pacified mom the instant she had a spoonful in her mouth, leaving her speechless and walking back into her room.
Must have worked.

No comments:














.
.