The Trattoria Project and Spectaculars: The Ultimate Breakfast "XXVI"







DSC_1385 DSC_0826
DSC_0077 pg2
pg1 pg3
pg4 pg6
pg8 pg5
pg7 pg9

Monday, September 10, 2007

The Ultimate Breakfast "XXVI"



Fried Onions, Spam and Eggs on Potato Waffle with Balsamico Reduction and Sambal Sauce

Ok.
I got really inspired by what Brian made in the quickfire challenge in the 11th episode of "Top Chef", which is still airing on Wednesdays, so i decided to make somethin similar myself.

I wanted to use bacon initially but they have seem to run out, i was really hungry and had to fix brekkie fast. Hell it tastes amazing too.

If your an NSF like me or cannot afford to spend much on good food and in this case, aged balsamic vinegar, you'd have to find ways to replace it.

Here i reduced my aceto balsamico by 1/10 and added a teeny bit of sugar and voila! Improvised aged balsamico!

No comments:














.
.