The Trattoria Project and Spectaculars: Beef Carpaccio with Herbed French Bean Salad "XXXIV"







DSC_1385 DSC_0826
DSC_0077 pg2
pg1 pg3
pg4 pg6
pg8 pg5
pg7 pg9

Friday, September 28, 2007

Beef Carpaccio with Herbed French Bean Salad "XXXIV"



I went down to the mart today in search of seasonal ingredients that would inspire me to cook. I was strolling round the veg area looking at the pumpkins when i felt a light thud on my butt, turned around and found an apologetic lady in her mid 30s pushing a tray filled with fresh, straight from the slaughterhouse, layers of beef, which incidentally bumped on my butt.

I continued browsing at the vegie's and stumbled upon some really beautiful organic french beans. Then a carpaccio and french bean dish from Jamie's latest book very suddenly appeared in my thoughts . Perhaps it was god telling me that Jamie has been praying for someone to make this dish.

So i did. The beef was really nice, chewy and tender without a trace of stale meat odor. The dressing and salad was good, but nothing amazing.

No comments:














.
.