The Trattoria Project and Spectaculars: Pan-fried Sea Bass with Wilted Spinach and Red Wine Sauce







DSC_1385 DSC_0826
DSC_0077 pg2
pg1 pg3
pg4 pg6
pg8 pg5
pg7 pg9

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Pan-fried Sea Bass with Wilted Spinach and Red Wine Sauce

I be honest, my culinary creativity has run dry and I haven't been producing original dishes. Mates tell me to think out of the box. Well screw them, there is no box. All I need now is some solid inspiration. Therefore, I've been whipping up interesting dishes I've gathered from magazines, shows and books.

Pan-fried Sea Bass with Wilted Spinach and Red Wine Sauce,
Photobucket
a recipe I recalled from a show on TV that I cannot remember the name of. I was curious about the combination of red wine with fish and I wanted to find out, so I gave it a try today.

It wasn't amazing, but it was good. The sauce had good acid, good flavor and a sweet touch to it. And did the sauce compliment the fish? Yes to the taste but not particularly well with the flavor. Nonetheless, it's really quick to prepare and inexpensive. Anyone can make this at home. Try it.

Mise en Place
serves 2

2 Fillets of Seabass
100g Button Mushrooms, halved
75g Shallots, halved and peeled
300ml Red Wine
100g Pancetta, chopped
1 clove of Garlic, chopped
1 bundle of Spinach, washed
EVOO
Juice of 1/2 Lemon
2 Tbsp Balsamico
3 Tbsp Brown Sugar
2 Tbsp Butter
Sea Salt
Black Pepper

Pat fillets dry. Season.
Photobucket

Hot pan. Cook Pancetta to release its oil and brown them.
Photobucket

Add shallots and saute for 5 mins. Add mushrooms, brown sugar, red wine and balsamico. Reduce. Thicken with butter.
Photobucket

Wilt spinach in hot pan with EVOO and garlic. Do not season.
Photobucket

Sear fish skin side down for 2 mins and cook other side until fully cooked through.
Photobucket

Lay spinach in middle of plate, squeeze lemon juice. Put fish on top and ladle sauce and vegetables around. Serve.

No comments:














.
.