Saturday, July 19, 2008
Zucchini Pasta with Fried Silver Fish and Lemon Oil
Work has been keeping me insanely busy. If you haven't already know, I'm currently part of a hair salon to get enough funds for the Trattoria. We all know managing a hair salon has nothing to do with food, but in my eyes, it's a brilliant opportunity to learn the dynamics of leading a business structure effectively. Which in my opinion, is crucial for an ass-kicking Trattoria.
While I am not in the kitchen for the past few weeks, I have been gathering inspirations for new recipes and flavor, through nights of dining and days of lunch takeaways from the very delicious meals around my workplace.
I found sweet time to cook today. But this is no inspiration. I just wanted to eat some zucchinis.
300g Spaghetti, cooked
100g Silver Fish
Zest of 1 lemon
1 tsp Crushed Pepper Flakes
1 cup Flour
Handful of Freshly Chopped Parsley
1 med Zucchini, julienned
1 cup Dry Vermouth
3 cloves of Garlic, minced
2 small Shallots, minced
1 large Red Chili, chopped
Lemon Infused Olive Oil
- Toss silver fish with salt, flour, half the zest, pepper and pepper flakes.
- Fry silver fish in hot oil until crispy, set aside.
- In a hot pan, saute garlic, shallots and chili in EVOO.
- Add in zucchini and saute for further 5 mins. Season.
- Add vermouth and let it reduce for 5 mins. Season.
- Add in rest of the zest, pasta and parsley, toss. Adding additional EVOO if necessary.
- Serve on plate with fried silverfish, drizzle lemon oil. Serve.