The Trattoria Project and Spectaculars: Zucchini Pasta with Fried Silver Fish and Lemon Oil

DSC_1385 DSC_0826
DSC_0077 pg2
pg1 pg3
pg4 pg6
pg8 pg5
pg7 pg9

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Zucchini Pasta with Fried Silver Fish and Lemon Oil

Work has been keeping me insanely busy. If you haven't already know, I'm currently part of a hair salon to get enough funds for the Trattoria. We all know managing a hair salon has nothing to do with food, but in my eyes, it's a brilliant opportunity to learn the dynamics of leading a business structure effectively. Which in my opinion, is crucial for an ass-kicking Trattoria.

While I am not in the kitchen for the past few weeks, I have been gathering inspirations for new recipes and flavor, through nights of dining and days of lunch takeaways from the very delicious meals around my workplace.

I found sweet time to cook today. But this is no inspiration. I just wanted to eat some zucchinis.

serves 2

300g Spaghetti, cooked
100g Silver Fish
Zest of 1 lemon
1 tsp Crushed Pepper Flakes
1 cup Flour
Handful of Freshly Chopped Parsley
1 med Zucchini, julienned
1 cup Dry Vermouth
3 cloves of Garlic, minced
2 small Shallots, minced
1 large Red Chili, chopped
Lemon Infused Olive Oil
Sea Salt
Black Pepper

- Toss silver fish with salt, flour, half the zest, pepper and pepper flakes.

- Fry silver fish in hot oil until crispy, set aside.

- In a hot pan, saute garlic, shallots and chili in EVOO.

- Add in zucchini and saute for further 5 mins. Season.

- Add vermouth and let it reduce for 5 mins. Season.

- Add in rest of the zest, pasta and parsley, toss. Adding additional EVOO if necessary.

- Serve on plate with fried silverfish, drizzle lemon oil. Serve.


Zen Chef said...

That looks good to me! I can imagine the crispy silver fish being great in a pasta like this one. Nice texture and all!

What kind of camera you've got? Love your pictures!

Uncle Dee said...

thanks! im using a nikon d60, its a little expensive but good

Michele said...

We have the same camera :)

I love the sound of this dish.

Uncle Dee said...

No wonder your pictures from your blog looks so amazing :)

Christine said...

Um, YUM! Glad to have stumbled onto your blog!

Kumiko said...

That looks Yum!
I wish i could eat this spaghetti!
By the way, what is "silver fish"?
Is it a very small fish?

Uncle Dee said...

Yes, it's a very small fish. The ones that nibble on your toes when you're swimming. It's the one that looks like an anchovy, not the one that looks like a mini alien entity.

Anonymous said...

Why does everyone seem to know what EVOO is except me?? hehe, kindly explain

Mixed Drink Recipes said...

Sooo many delicious looking recipes - it's hard to choose one to try!