Monday, July 28, 2008
Last Minute Entertaining
Prosciutto Wrapped Snapper with Vanilla Oil
Ten minutes. Succulent fish, crispy aromatic wrap, sweet subtle oil, tart crunchy garnish - very satisfying indeed. Try.
2 Snapper or Perch Fillets, skinned
4 slices of Prosciutto di Parma
small handfuls of Baby Frisee and Radicchio
juice of 1/4 Lemon
1/2 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
1/2 tsp Orange Blossom Honey
- Coat fillets with black pepper. Wrap each fillet with 2 slices of Prosciutto.
- Get a pan really hot. Add a dash of EVOO and sear fillets for 4 mins a side.
- While searing the fish, whisk L.J, honey, vinegar, EVOO, salt and pepper. Dress greens lightly.
- When fish is done, remove from pan and allow it to rest for 30secs.
- Slice fish, add greens on top and drizzle vanilla oil.
*If you can't find it anywhere then this is how you make it:
500ml Light Olive Oil
1 Vanilla Pod
- Score pod into half and drop it in a bottle of light olive oil for 3 days.
Can be stored for months. Shake before use.