The Trattoria Project and Spectaculars: Evaluation Three, Messing with Meat







DSC_1385 DSC_0826
DSC_0077 pg2
pg1 pg3
pg4 pg6
pg8 pg5
pg7 pg9

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Evaluation Three, Messing with Meat

The stakes are steaks, meat fanciers are in the house and their support is crucial. I'm doing two dishes, one I bet my life on after months of refining, the other a menu tryout recipe that popped out of my mind a night before. It was tougher than I thought. Every inch of my lesser than average household kitchen was exploited and the atmosphere felt like that of a melting war zone. Sauces were spilled and fingers were burnt. But I like it so it's cool.

Featuring:

DSC_0152
Fernandez, the seemingly amiable pinoy music teacher and Audrey, lady of prose. The meat whiners and diners.

DSC_0145
Coming back to track my progress is Jon, deep thinker of food?

First Dish. Recipe from a dream:
DSC_0127
Pork Shoulder Butt Steak with Burnt Butter Apple Sauce and Spicy Sweet Potato Mash
Fernandez: 8/10. "This is unique and the sauce is delicious. It is great to start with, but the experience goes downhill from there."
Audrey: 8/10. "Rainbow-phoric! This is so colorful. And that sweet potato mash is really good."
Jon: 8/10. "Lacking of focus. Nonetheless, it's a good combination!"

And the very refined,
DSC_0133
Eye Fillet of Beef with Succotash X, Pomme Puree Y and Sauce Espagnole

Fernandez: 8.5/10. "If this is a well-marbled Kobe, it would be a 10. Otherwise, this is perfect."
Audrey: 9.5/10. "Quite perfect."
Jon: 9.5/10. "So good... Keep it up but don't get complacent, bitch."

DSC_0180
You please the musicians and the musicians politely please you. Please, no puns.

I just did eye surgery and doc tells me to abstain from cooking for a week or two. Sorry if this is a rush, my eyes need rest. See you soon.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Burnt Apple Butter? Move out of the way while I get in there with my freeloader fork!

klx said...

uncle dee!!! why am i always missing out on food tasting gatherings?!!! hmpf.

germaine

Dillon said...

Ok!! But only if you bring along some of those Blue Sky Potatoes!

Germs, I was actually being very thoughtful about your weight :) However, please make for the next because you're gonna have that life altering mushroom dish you've always wanted. No Psilocybins included.

Unknown said...

interesting Burnt Butter Apple Sauce and Spicy Sweet Potato Mash. no longer providing recipe here?

Dillon said...

Send me your mail, I'll give you the recipe.














.
.