The Trattoria Project and Spectaculars: Zucchini Pasta with Fried Silver Fish and Lemon Oil







DSC_1385 DSC_0826
DSC_0077 pg2
pg1 pg3
pg4 pg6
pg8 pg5
pg7 pg9

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Zucchini Pasta with Fried Silver Fish and Lemon Oil

DSC_0643
Work has been keeping me insanely busy. If you haven't already know, I'm currently part of a hair salon to get enough funds for the Trattoria. We all know managing a hair salon has nothing to do with food, but in my eyes, it's a brilliant opportunity to learn the dynamics of leading a business structure effectively. Which in my opinion, is crucial for an ass-kicking Trattoria.

While I am not in the kitchen for the past few weeks, I have been gathering inspirations for new recipes and flavor, through nights of dining and days of lunch takeaways from the very delicious meals around my workplace.

I found sweet time to cook today. But this is no inspiration. I just wanted to eat some zucchinis.

serves 2

300g Spaghetti, cooked
100g Silver Fish
Zest of 1 lemon
1 tsp Crushed Pepper Flakes
1 cup Flour
Handful of Freshly Chopped Parsley
1 med Zucchini, julienned
1 cup Dry Vermouth
3 cloves of Garlic, minced
2 small Shallots, minced
1 large Red Chili, chopped
Lemon Infused Olive Oil
EVOO
Sea Salt
Black Pepper

- Toss silver fish with salt, flour, half the zest, pepper and pepper flakes.

- Fry silver fish in hot oil until crispy, set aside.

- In a hot pan, saute garlic, shallots and chili in EVOO.

- Add in zucchini and saute for further 5 mins. Season.

- Add vermouth and let it reduce for 5 mins. Season.

- Add in rest of the zest, pasta and parsley, toss. Adding additional EVOO if necessary.

- Serve on plate with fried silverfish, drizzle lemon oil. Serve.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks good to me! I can imagine the crispy silver fish being great in a pasta like this one. Nice texture and all!

What kind of camera you've got? Love your pictures!

Dillon said...

thanks! im using a nikon d60, its a little expensive but good

Anonymous said...

We have the same camera :)

I love the sound of this dish.

Dillon said...

No wonder your pictures from your blog looks so amazing :)

Anonymous said...

Um, YUM! Glad to have stumbled onto your blog!

Anonymous said...

Hello,
That looks Yum!
I wish i could eat this spaghetti!
By the way, what is "silver fish"?
Is it a very small fish?

Dillon said...

Yes, it's a very small fish. The ones that nibble on your toes when you're swimming. It's the one that looks like an anchovy, not the one that looks like a mini alien entity.

Anonymous said...

Why does everyone seem to know what EVOO is except me?? hehe, kindly explain

Mixed Drink Recipes said...

Sooo many delicious looking recipes - it's hard to choose one to try!














.
.